Manchester-based SafetyCulture ranked 8th by Great Place to Work®
SafetyCulture has been named as one of the best tech companies to work for in the UK’s Best Workplaces™ in Tech 2020 list. The rankings, which are assessed by workplace culture experts Great Places to Work®, are considered the gold standard of employer awards. SafetyCulture was ranked 8th following a rigorous review of its culture and policies.
Founded in a garage in Queensland, Australia in the early 2000s, tech unicorn SafetyCulture opened its Manchester office – which serves the full EMEA region – in 2016. The business has gone from strength to strength, supporting more than 26,000 organisations in 85 countries with its workplace safety app, iAuditor. Last month, SafetyCulture additionally acquired EdApp, a leading start-up in the mobile learning space.
SafetyCulture has a close-knit, passionate team of 65 people in the UK and employees benefit from a range of perks, which have been chosen by the team itself.
Perks of working at SafetyCulture UK include:
- A unique open-plan office space featuring an adult ball pit
- Free chef-catered lunch and healthy snacks
- Fitness classes via ClassPass and weekly tennis
- Pet friendly office
- An Employee Assistance Programme to support mental health including meditation
- Equity in SafetyCulture for all employees
- Great career flexibility within the business
- Opportunities to participate in community initiatives and a paid volunteer day
- Paid parental leave (16 weeks for primary caregivers and 8 weeks for secondary caregivers)
Working during the pandemic
SafetyCulture has been supporting other companies throughout the pandemic, helping them to adhere to government COVID-19 guidelines, return safely to workplaces (for those businesses that are allowed to do so), and improve working from home procedures.
- The team digitised government reopening guidelines into its app iAuditor, providing simple checklist templates for businesses to use
- Checklists are updated on an ongoing basis as new government announcements are made so that businesses can be confident they are compliant with regulations
In addition to the usual perks offered, SafetyCulture has also been providing further support to its employees in response to COVID-19. Among other initiatives, this includes:
- Financial support for people to spend on their home office set-up, and available equipment from the office
- Continued free lunches, packed individually
- Care packages delivered to employees’ doors including treats and stationery supplies
- A virtual pub that has offered everything from a talent show to trivia quizzes, bingo, scavenger hunts and a DJ set from one of its employees
- Increased mental health support
Ben Gautrey, Managing Director of Great Place to Work® UK, says:
“Especially during these times of crisis and uncertainty, it’s incredible to see how SafetyCulture continues to build and maintain a positive employee experience. Their inspiring workplace culture demonstrates how they’ve been able to instil their four core values of: Think Customer, Be Bold – Bring Action, Open Honest, Always and Better as a Team into their people-first approach. We were also very impressed with their initiative to provide funds to support each of their employees with their transition to working from home.
“Earning a place on our competitive Best Workplaces™ in Tech list in their first year of entry is another tremendous feat. We are excited to see how SafetyCulture can continue to inspire other organisations within the Tech industry in building a great workplace culture for all.”
Dan Joyce, General Manager EMEA, SafetyCulture says:
“In the UK, we think of our team as a wolf pack: we band together, make use of everyone’s diverse skills and look after our own. Our values are the result of an employee hackathon and our whole work culture, including the perks we offer, has been the result of a collaborative process. It’s a culture that we’ve worked hard to maintain throughout the COVID-19 crisis, and our employees have responded brilliantly to the challenges that they’ve faced. We’re delighted to have earned a place on the Best Workplaces™ in Tech list, particularly at a time when the work we do every day has never been more important. We will continue making our employees our number one priority.”
SafetyCulture was recognised on the Best Workplaces™ in Tech list in the medium category, for tech businesses with 51-250 employees.
Find out more about what it’s like to work for SafetyCulture in this short video:
The information contained in this article is general in nature and you should consider whether the information is appropriate to your specific needs. Legal and other matters referred to in this article are based on our interpretation of laws existing at the time and should not be relied on in place of professional advice. We are not responsible for the content of any site owned by a third party that may be linked to this article. SafetyCulture disclaims all liability (except for any liability which by law cannot be excluded) for any error, inaccuracy, or omission from the information contained in this article, any site linked to this article, and any loss or damage suffered by any person directly or indirectly through relying on this information.